REC of biotechnologies of Republic of Tatarstan is the center of competence aimed to set an infrastructure of engineering in the region and to facilitate access of small and medium-sized enterprises to new technologies, modernization and technical re-equipment
The objectives of REC
- development of engineering outsourcing system which will enable small and medium-sized enterprises (hereinafter – SMEs) to achieve the required technological level and learn the necessary competence to integrate into the production chains of large enterprises of supporting industries of the Tatarstan Republic industry
- population and updating data base of biotechnology projects
- creating and monitoring of the biotechnological equipment map on the territory of the Republic of Tatatrstan
- development of own research, scientific and engineering competencies
Core competencies of REC
- identify the needs of SMEs in the Republic of Tatarstan and provide extensive engineering support to the enterprises that are potentially able to develop
- accumulation of the best national and international experience in the implementation of regional innovation projects
- creating the system of outsourcing of engineering services and development of subcontracting relations in the industrial, scientific and technical environment, providing additional load of idle and underutilized industrial and scientific equipment
- cooperation for the benefit of SMEs with the state (municipal) authorities and credit institutions, industrial enterprises of the region, representing the interests of SMEs in financial institutions: formation of credit applications with the support of infrastructure of the SME development and working-out of financial products for engineering services consumers
REC service recipients– manufacturing enterprises of small and middle-sized businesses of Tatarstan Republic (number of employees up to 250 people, revenue not more than 1 bn. rub. a year, participation of state and municipal authorities are not more than 25% according to Art. 4 of the Federal Law dated 24.07.2007 №209-FZ ” Concerning the development of small and medium enterprises in the Russian Federation”, specializing mainly on the following sectors: agriculture, food industry, forestry, deep processing of renewable raw materials and waste).
REC service providers– engineering and consulting companies capable of leading an enterprise of small and medium-sized business to a quiet new finance, organizational and technological level.
Development stages of REC of biotechnologies in Tatarstan Republic
2014- creating of a system of relations between REC, beneficiaries and implementers of engineering services and other infrastructure facilities; database creation; accomplishment of consulting and engineering services to SMEs
2015 -involvement of the maximum number of recipients and implementers of engineering services in the system of relations; the formation of promoting system of engineering projects, a complex (cluster) approach in the development of engineering projects; analysis of the existing and the required research equipment on the territory of the Republic of Tatarstan and acquisition of it.
2016-2017- planned development of created systems and complexes, development (implementation) of the system providing the most required services directly REC using research equipment and the fine-tuning of the technology in the laboratory and pilot scale, the formation of clusters in biotechnology.